Here’s how to best capitalize on executive coaching programs:
- Make sure that you screen for the best match between your organization and the gazillion executive coaching companies in the marketplace.
- Make sure you’re discerning between great marketing and truly transformational coaching.
- Make sure the executive coaching consultant is relying on metrics that matter. If s/he isn’t measuring culture and consciousness development along with tangible achievements, you aren’t getting an accurate picture of your executive coaching results. And, if they aren’t measuring those things, you’re not likely progressing adequately in those domains and that’s a waste of executive coaching fees.
- Make sure you have plenty of soak time for integrating the takeaways from executive leadership development.
- Make sure that either personal executive consulting or executive leadership programs are addressing the yin and the yang of executive leadership development, i.e. the hard and the soft data, core competencies and culture, as well as the continuum between bottom line financial health and contribution to greater good.