My research article on the role that values plays in success, mostly corporate data applied to UN.
Our Essential Commons
United Nations NGO Major Group, Commons Cluster, June 2018
Eradicating Poverty through Global Citizenship
Moderator & Panelist
United Nations Commission on Social Development, Feb. 2018
Seed of Happiness Pecha Kucha – 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide
Transforming, Transcending & Transfiguring Ourselves & the World with the Power of Light
Consciousness: Seeds and Soil of the Commons
Kosmos Online 12.15.15
Conscious Evolution: A Metaphysical Task
Kosmos Journal, Fall/Winter 2016
The Case for a Values-Driven United Nations. Joni Carley, DMin. 2013
1. See the problem from the other point of view. Really seek to understand and to give expression to the needs and concerns of the other party as well as or better than they can themselves.
2. Identify the key issues and concerns (not positions) involved.
3. Determine what results would constitute a fully acceptable solution.
4. Identify possible new options to achieve those results.
Had a great time instigating Happiness Week in Media, PA last week.
- 300 people at our Happiness Flash Mob
- Scavenger hunt in 15 businesses & Library
- Yoga for Kids
- Sidewalk Chalk fun
- Peace pole dedication during an Amazing Concert featuring the Happiness Singers, Stephen Wise, Dante Bucci and Phyllis Chappell
And I had the privilege of speaking with James Quilligan about the Commons and why happiness matters in terms of economics, human suffering and development. Over 35 organizations including the Media-Upper Providence Free Library, Media Theater, Tyler Arboretum, School in Rose Valley, Montessori School, churches, and businesses. Even though Flash Mob success was Media Borough’s traffic nightmare, they were also good friends in making this happen.
I co-created this with Transition Town Media members as Heart and Soul Committee chair. What an amazing group of people to work with!
Especially appreciate mention in Happy Counts blog.